First signs on sunrise on the horizon behind St.Elmo Breakwater Bridge in Valletta.
Construction works of the original Breakwater in the Grand Harbour started in 1903. It was built by the English firm of S. PEARSON & SON. The bridge, connecting Fort St Elmo with the breakwater, was completed in 1906. It was destroyed in 1941 in an attack by the Italian navy. The original pillars are still standing and are scheduled. It was officially opened in 1910.
View Breakwater Bridge – Valletta in a larger map